[rochester-pm-list] Bob here too!

rmd rmd0549 at ritvax.isc.rit.edu
Wed Jan 20 15:25:57 CST 1999

Hi,

I am a first year student in IT, at RIT. I started learning PERL around the
time I arrived here in September. As of now, I consider myself fairly well
versed in PERL. I have been programming for several years and am experienced
in C/C++, the Windows 95/98/NT API, MFC, Visual Basic, HTML, JavaScript,
VBScript etc... and of course, my favorite, GWBasic. (joke ;-) PERL is a
great language to learn since the majority of CGIs are written in them. I
first started fooling around with C based CGIs and found them not nearly as
'flowing' as those written in PERL. While ASP technology is extremely useful
as well, being an IT professional means I have to be fluent in both. I think
this mailing list is a great idea and look forward to more news!

Robert Downey