[rochester-pm-list] Quick One...

Brian Mathis bmathis at directedge.com
Tue Dec 28 16:55:53 CST 1999

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Fred Edmister wrote:
> 	Please forgive me in advance for this one... I'm done with my perl script,
> and am debugging the form that sends the variable "store_id" through to the
> script... In the begining stages, it was a hard coded <input type="hidden"
> name="store_id" value="999999">  and now the variable is being sent as a
> session variable...

What do you mean by "session variable"?  A "session variable" is only a
concept, there is no structure called "session variable" that exists
separately from a regular variable.  There are only 2 ways for a form to
send a variable to the server, through a form variable or a cookie.
Figure out how the session variable is stored, and read the cookie or form
var accordingly.  Then it should be simple. :)

--
Brian Mathis
Direct Edge