[rochester-pm-list] Quick Question...

Alex Macur ALEX.MACUR at MDCONSULT.COM
Tue Dec 7 08:19:13 CST 1999

Attached is an example I posted last week of a CGI script that reads an item
and
inserts it into the database. All you need to do is add some more text
fields for
the additional data you need to input, copy them into the hash, and edit the
SQL to
match your table.

For help on CGI.PM I use Lincoln Stien's "Official Guide to Programming with
CGI.PM" for most simple CGI stuff you can use the examples in the book as
a starting point. It should be available at the usual places (B&N, Borders
or
CompuUSA)

--
Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Edmister [mailto:fedm at pkcommunications.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 1999 08:43
To: rochester-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org
Subject: [rochester-pm-list] Quick Question...

	I have my script running from the command prompt now, and was
wondering if
someone could give me an idea on how to read info from a form instead... (I
know there is plenty of information on this, and I have a couple of books
as well, but it's kinda a "hurry rush" thing from upper level...)  If
anyone can help, it would be great!!  I just have a couple fields to read
from a form, the rest I can figure out... (do they just keep the name they
have in the form when sent? {ie, can I just assume that when the "SUBMIT"
button is clicked, that the "Name" field on the form will become $name in
the script})  Thank you anyone who can help!!

	Fred