[rochester-pm-list] DBI-DBD and Oracle

Pat havoc at shell1.eznet.net
Wed Dec 1 11:25:25 CST 1999

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 11:49:04AM -0500, Fred Edmister wrote:
> 	Does anyone know anything about Oracle databases and Perl?  I'm trying to
> enter just a few fields, and it's not coming together well.. Here's the
> error I get from my script...
>
> DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-01722: invalid number (DBD: oexfet
> error) at
>  mydb.pl line 11, <> chunk 1.
> Couldn't execute statement: ORA-01722: invalid number (DBD: oexfet error)
> at myd
> b.pl line 11, <> chunk 1.

ORA-01722 error indicates a failed conversion of a character string to a number.
It's likely that the insert statement in misordered.  Be sure that the columns match up
correctly.

It's also possible that you didn't strip a '$' of a currency amount or something similar.

If you post your code, I'd be able to help more.

Hope this helps,

--Pat Ludwig