[rochester-pm-list] Perl and images - question

Justin C. Sherrill webmaster at rochester.rr.com
Wed Apr 21 14:54:35 CDT 1999

Here's something I hope maybe someone here has tackled before:

I have a number of images that I need to resize, trim the edges from , and
apply an overlay to.  By overlay, I mean the little channel identifier that
shows up in the corner of many shows on TV.  (watch R News, you'll see.)

I'm already shuffling these images around with a Perl script; is there any
way under Win32 to make this image resizing/etc. happen?  It's currently
being accomplished with a Photoshop action, which is fine except that it
requires someone to be physically present.