[Rio-pm] Boas Vindas ao Cícero

Eden Cardim edencardim em gmail.com
Quarta Dezembro 14 17:39:21 PST 2011

    Alexei> hahahaha a Brazilian-nerd's expression, it would be an acronym for
    Alexei> something like band-aid oriented programming.. maybe a better slack-ish
    Alexei> smart-ish word instead of band-aid...

    Randal> I thought "Piece of Garbage" but then I realized that would be an
    Randal> English acronym, not brazilian. :)

POG is an acronym for "Programação Orientada a Gambiarra", where
"Gambiarra" is a word that used to stand for an improvised illegal power
grid extension, typical in the brazilian slums. The word has since been
generalized in colloquial brazilian portuguese to mean any improvisation
or workaround. The literal translation, "Work-around Oriented
Programming", needs an illustration to convey a more complete meaning:
http://bit.ly/vqYQd6 :D

--
Eden Cardim
Software Engineer