[Rio-pm] Curious speech

Ole Peter Smith ole.ufg em gmail.com
Terça Agosto 17 22:42:52 PDT 2010

Caras

Gostei desse, seems to me like this dude -like his enfant Perl - is all
about free thinking...

'I have to be honest here. I'm with Linus--I personally want to take over
the world. I want to take over the world because I'm an egomaniac. A nice
sort of egomaniac, an egomaniac moderated by belief in the value of
humility, but an egomaniac nonetheless.'

Hoje levantei, tinha um cadastro no ar - em Php, pelas imposicoes externas,
uaaad - mais eles queriam somente uma tabela de totais; pensei de novo
uaaaaad, lembrei 'the butler' e fez uma daquelas de 50 linhas, 30 minutos (e
ainda formatado), o que LW fala:

'Fortunately, I am not Perl. Perl was my servant before it was anyone
else's, so I taught Perl to be a better servant than I could ever teach
myself to be. Perl is like the perfect butler. Whatever you ask Perl to do,
it says ``Very good, sir,'' or ``Very good, madam.''

Back to work,
Ole

2010/8/18 Samir Cury <eu em samircury.eng.br>

> Fala Perlssoal,
>
> Estava procurando algumas coisas sobre Perl aqui e achei uma palestra
> (escrita) muito interessante e engracada do Larry, que gostaria de
> compartilhar :
>
> http://www.wall.org/~larry/pm.html <http://www.wall.org/%7Elarry/pm.html>
>
> Trailer :
>
> I just did an interview for Feed Magazine. When I read their intro to it, I
> was interested to see that they made reference to my ``curious speeches.''
> I'll take that as a compliment. Why I take it as a compliment is the subject
> of this speech. That's assuming this speech actually has a subject, which is
> still in doubt. Hey, at least it has a title. That's something.
> .
> .
>
> .
>
> Heidi said, ``You wanna know something really funny. In my IMP class, our
> class slogan is, 'There's more than one way to do it.'''
>
> ``You're kidding,'' I said. [I should also say that that IMP stands for
> Interactive Math Program, which is a math curriculum in which you sort of
> learn everything at once. In sort of a postmodern way.] Anyway, I said,
> ``You're kidding.''
>
> ``No,'' she said, ``That's why IMP is better for math students like me--we
> learn better when we can see the big picture, and how everything fits in.
> The old way of learning math never gave you any context''.
>
> Abracos,
> Samir

Quem Leva Brincadeira somente por Brincadeira
                   E Sério somente Sério
       De Fato Desentendeu Ambos - Piet Hein
                  Ole Peter Smith, IME, UFG
          http://www.mat.ufg.br - ole at mat.ufg.br