next great group

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Wed May 29 18:18:46 CDT 2002

Hello, Brian:  Nice to see your email.  On behalf of Open Studios, I would
like to introduce you to alternatives to the past "professional track"
offered by Hollywood.  If you have the time, please take a look at the
following sites:
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
http://www.creativecommons.org/

The idea is for you to consider setting out your own audience building,
marketing plan, tours, concerts, etc.  Build your career without selling out
your copyrights protections.  Think of it this way:
If you're familiar with the group, The Grateful Dead, you'll know that what
they did was to follow a path similar to what Open Studios and Creative
Commons offer.  They did it the hard way.  John Perry Barlow, lyricist for
the group, is one of the Co-Founders of Eff.org, a legal group of attorneys
from Stanford, Berkeley, and Harvard, that created the Creative Commons setup.

This means, they provide all the legal services for you FREE.  Open Studios
provides all the rest of your support needs by helping you get information
and point you to resources to get the stuff you need in place to make a
career as successful as The Grateful Dead.

Consider this invitation when you can, and if we can answer questions, don't
hesitate to email.
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV