[DMCA_Discuss] Canada's on a roll - - - take back the Internet!

Erik Sliman Erik.Sliman at OpenStandards.net
Thu May 9 18:34:44 CDT 2002

The problem is clear to some of us.  I'd like to hear more about the
solution.  How about:

1> We create a set of principles the majority of us can stand behind,
designed to defend the people.  These principles should summarize the
current relationship between corporations, the government and the poeple,
looking a bit like an upside down triangle, with the people at the bottom.
They should be focussed on turning the triangle, so the people are at top,
and the governments and corporations are at the bottom.  They are here for
us, not us for them.  We the people need to be represented.

2> We create a campaign with an identity designed around these principles.
Everyone everywhere can join, using the logos and IDs we espouse.

3> We create our own committees and strategize to reach our objectives.  How
do we turn the triangle?

4> Committees create directives.  We follow the directives, resulting in
carrots (vote yes for Representative Onourside, publicly support, etc,...),
and sticks (boycott, voice opinion, vote no, etc,...).

5> We the people create a better world for our children.  From here on
forward, all corporations and government representatives or organizations
will be held ACCOUNTABLE!

What do you think?