Fwd: Panama -(was Small Towns Build Their Own High-Speed Internet Systems

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Thu May 2 11:18:30 CDT 2002

Hi, Alex:  As you can see, I have waaay toooo much time on my hands.  :-)

The thread, below, is about this global knowledge discussion group, which I
have been following for about 3 years, and their intensive effort to milk as
much money as possible from recipients in the name of developing countries
recipients, if that makes any sense.

Looks like there is a small faction, comprised of individuals throughout the
world, that sort of think this is a better way to do stuff.  Which is a good
thing, but needs more "mass" to move.  See what you think.
thanks,
Tom