[seul-edu] Donated Computers Issue (opportunity knocks)

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Tue Apr 30 23:52:31 CDT 2002

Hi:  Noone has a definitive answer for this, one way or the other, and M$
isn't forthright enough to state explicitly what the legal basis is.  Seems,
though, they might be referring to language contained in a EULA, but have
obviously taken that language to its' extreme, here.

Bottom line is this.  When the company exerts such blatant and obscene Fear,
Uncertainty, and Doubt through its' statements, against a concept called,
donated computers, one can't help but feel outrage and disgust for any that
are associated with the authorship of such a page.  Institutions cannot
afford principled postures.  Schools, libraries, and educational, nonprofit
organizations cannot afford to test the idiocy of such a corporation as M$.
And, as Leon Brooks, so elegantly stated, time to move.  Time to put them in
an accountable position.  And, the best way, is to make sure these "victims"
have alternatives and options to consider.
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/