[Community_studios] Fwd: Re: [school-discuss] How to present Linux to schools

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Fri Apr 26 00:07:02 CDT 2002

On Thursday 25 April 2002 21:54, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I agree. We can't be telling the school system "you should be looking for
> this, not that". We've been saying that for years, and people aren't
> going to change. We instead need to say to ourselves "how can we present
> this so that these people who want product X will feel like they are not
> going backwards by using product Y?"

Hi:  Well, whether it's working with linux long enough to feel somewhat
comfortable, or whether linux is "catching up", but I personally think it's
because linux is "catching up".  There's a myth being perpetuated, and if we
take the naysayers through an install of RH, SuSE, Mandrake, they'll just be
in awe, I think.  So, when the community-based studios get up and running,
one of the first things we do, is a video!!! Show Them!
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/