[Community_studios] Fwd: Re: [school-discuss] How to present Linux to schools

Alex alex at synchcorp.com
Thu Apr 25 23:54:33 CDT 2002

Hi,

I agree. We can't be telling the school system "you should be looking for
this, not that". We've been saying that for years, and people aren't
going to change. We instead need to say to ourselves "how can we present
this so that these people who want product X will feel like they are not
going backwards by using product Y?" So many products people use just
plain suck, but they use them anyway because they believe the program
satisfies their needs.

So what is it people like about the product you want to replace, and how
does the replacement product answer that need? You won't get as many
converts as we want until we can compare apples to apples with the
products they believe they need. We won't change their thinking, we need
to demonstrate that they are right, but our product still meets their
need.

Alex Heizer
http://www.synchcorp.com/alex
http://www.synchcorp.com/alexheizer