Unified Front... [was Re: [seul-edu] M$ Audits (shortened)]

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Wed Apr 24 14:40:11 CDT 2002

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 12:04, Stephen C. Daukas wrote:
- - -snip - - -
> This is what I mean by a "packaged" solution - an identified list that
> satisfies the above goals.  If we could do that, then we would be in a much
> better position to support (via grass roots efforts) a district willing to
> blaze the trail.
>
> >   The school district needs
> >to do a reasoned analysis before deciding to undertake such a large-scale
> >conversion.
>
> But if there were such a "packaged" offering, it would make their lives a
> hell of a lot easier!
- - - snip - - -

Hi:  This exchange was most interesting.  Steve and so many others need a
"model".  http://dot.kde.org/1015251670/ describes the one chosen by and used
with Melbourne, Florida's switch to linux.  Do we have a consensus that
possibly something close to this, say, in a two or three computer "Demo"
setup that I, or anyone could haul over to a school, set on the table, and
say, evaluate the potential of this as a network solution?  Now, we would
have something that every LUG could put together, and pass around to
organizations and schools to try out.  If we build such a "Demo", then people
know what to ask for, when they read something like "SEUL.ORG recommends a
school network solution starting with this whatever setup".
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/