egovernance - are you watching the developing countries ?

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Mon Apr 22 21:44:44 CDT 2002

Hi:  We've had a taste of egovernance in the United States, recently,
although there's been no real implementation, yet.  Several legislative
proposals have been submitted, and various groups, agencies, and departments
have set up comment periods for the general public to offer their response.
In every case that I attempted to participate, there were problems.  The
servers would not accept the email, as the address was an "unknown user", the
email boxes would be full and not accept emails, the fax phone numbers would
be listed wrong, not available, etc.  In other words, the egovernance system
is subject to as much abuse, if not more, by the government agencies than
even the telephone.

This is anecdotal, and of little consequence, but I think it would be wise to
consider during your discussions on the risks and rewards of egovernance.
Respectfully,
Tom Poe
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/