Interesting quote from President nat'l assoc recording merchandisers

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Thu Apr 18 00:29:21 CDT 2002

Hi:  I came across Pam Horovitz' speech to the IRMA in March.  Original link
was located on the lawmeme site.  Here's the quote:
http://www.narm.com/Content/NavigationMenu/Media_Center/Speeches_and_commentaries/Pam_Addresses_IRMA/Pam_Addresses_IRMA.htm

Here's a better link I think:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?V2E1226B

Here's the quote on PUBDOMAIN BREAD:
http://www.studioforrecording.org/blogger.html

Here's the quote:
There's no reason these cool new gizmos can't come with pre-recorded music.
How about Britney and Justin's favorite Valentine Love Songs packaged in a
heart necklace? That might require some creative bundling, and unbundling, of
music. It may require more cooperation between labels and retailers. It may
require more flexible licensing arrangements. It may mean a rethinking of the
appropriate length of copyright, with more robust offerings deriving from a
constantly replenished public domain.
from speech given by Pam Horovitz, President of National Association of
Recording Merchandisers on March 23, 2002. First time I've seen reference to
the Public Domain, I do believe, in all of this. . . .

Thanks,
Tom
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/