Informational Interview Request

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Tue Apr 16 15:13:04 CDT 2002

Hello:  I represent the RenoTahoe Perl Users' Group, which is undertaking in
a coordinated effort with others, to create and provide a model for schools
wishing to add computers and educational software to their schools' assets.
You may have been exposed to some similar programs in the past, and, with
that in mind, I would like the opportunity to meet and discuss some of your
experiences.  This is an informational interview request, and I would like to
keep the discussion within such a framework, if possible.

It is our goal to build a model that will be available to others to follow,
and is comprised of information on how to obtain computers, what steps to
take to install and maintain quality educational software that does not
require licensing fees, and how to attract a 24X7 Team of volunteer technical
support staff.  Such a model will provide schools with truly state-of-the-art
Operating Systems, software, and even hardware in most cases.  Cost is to be
held to $0.00 for the schools, with only volunteer time and effort involved.
In return, the model imposes a responsibility on the recipients to share
their knowledge and experience with other schools, in order to "spread the
word".

Please respond to this request by sending a reply with a date and time which
would be convenient for you.  I will open my schedule to fit yours.  The
meeting should only take 10 to 15 minutes, if that's alright [sic]?
Respectfully,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/