[suse-schools-usa] Things that I would like to see from the Linux Community

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Sun Apr 14 21:34:34 CDT 2002

On Sunday 14 April 2002 16:28, Lance Lane wrote:

> A strong comittment to rural schools.  Where my mother in-law teachers
> for the S'kllalam Tribe in Washington State they had about 30 computers
> donated from a bank.  Catch they have no operating system on them.  I
> told her that it would be ideal to put Linux on those computers.  They
> are dealing with M$ and the computers are still sitting.

Hi, Lance:  Well, let's get them up and running.  All we need to do, is find
a local body, interested in being our hands on this list, and we'll
coordinate with the users list to get answers, and exciting things will
happen.  Lance is hereby 'Da Boss!  Find out if your mom can track someone
down to be the local contact.  How's that sound?  This'll be great.  I want
to volunteer, and will make a commitment to see this through with you, if you
want.
Thanks,
Tom
Reno, NV