[suse-schools-usa] Charter Final Draft

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Sat Apr 13 22:35:06 CDT 2002

On Saturday 13 April 2002 19:51, Howard Pierce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not a teacher, however, as a pc professional, I have volunteered my
> time to our small village school system (1 building, 200 children) in Ohio.
>
> We simply cannot afford to be buying Windows licenses to keep up with
> technology, so I am interested in switching to Linux for 3 reasons.
>
> 1.  The ease of use is similar to Windows.
> 2.  I hear that Suse has some type of a deal for schools.
> 3.  Linux is capable of being used as a client and a server without buying
> server software.
>
> Any help I can get from this group would be appreciated.
>
> Howard

Hi:  For starters, we'll have to follow up on this SuSE for U.S. High Schools:
http://www.suse.com/us/press/press_releases/archive01/Free_SuSE_Linux.html

I ran the address for filling out the form, but that is no longer available.
There is an email address for contact:
mailto:hd at suse.de for Holger Dyroff, and you might ask what the situation is.
 If you're uncomfortable doing this, I will.  Just let me know.  If you do,
then will you report to the list what happened?

The ease of installing SuSE really is close to Windoz at this point, I think.

And, you'll see when you install, you're given a choice of installing as a
server, workstation, custom, and upgrade.  Lots of reasons to consider using
SuSE, or any of the major distributions at this time.

Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/