Interesting concept - would like to learn more

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Sat Apr 13 15:28:42 CDT 2002

On Saturday 13 April 2002 13:06, Brent Ashley wrote:
> Hi again, Tom.  Just visited your links and had some thoughts:
>
> Neat stuff about the studio thing.  I've been an amateur drummer for years,
> and as it happens, recently met my birth father (I'm adopted), who is a
> Jazz drummer named Chico Fernandez who owns Santa Monica Music Center.  He
> may well have some interest in such a project - I'll let him know about it
> next time I'm talking with him.
>
> The PerlMonger site was relevant to me too.  I've been a (lately passive)
> member of Toronto Perlmongers for a few years now.
>
> No matter how manytimes I look at "renotahoe", it looks like rent-a-hoe to
> me! Heh heh.
>
>  - Brent -

Hi, Brent:  OK.  We need your input, and participation.  Community-based
recording studios would enable CD's to be made and distributed to
Internet-based radio stations for distribution of important messages about
the legislation fiasco that is taking place.  We will get to that point, but,
the need is immediate, so, we need to id "basement" studios that could
volunteer to let people make the recordings and distribute them.  Keep your
eyes and ears open, and let's go get 'em.

Your father's music center doesn't appear to have recording studio
capabilities.  It looks like a perfect candidate to host a community-based
recording studio, and enhance his business at the same time.  We'll work with
him to provide the funding, if he can id a Project Director that handle all
the administrative stuff, and be the Point Person on the project.

Glad you volunteered to work with studioforrecording.org.

Finally, from where I sit, rent-a-hoe describes a whole lot of the citizens
of this fine community.  <grin>

Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV