[Community_studios] Re: [suse-schools-usa] Re: Software

Alex alex at synchcorp.com
Thu Apr 11 18:56:10 CDT 2002

tom poe wrote:

> On Thursday 11 April 2002 07:53, Andrew Choens wrote:
> > On Thursday 11 April 2002 01:30 am, Lance Lane wrote:
> > > I am a teacher on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona.  We have the same
> > > story in that most of our teachers are scared of computers and can't work
> > > them accept to use MS Word and Outlook.
>
> - - - snip - - -
>
> Hi:  I didn't see lance's first message, so thanks, Andy for sending your
> response to the list.  Lance, if I may, how does your school support the
> computers now?  Is there someone that acts as a network administrator, or
> what?
> Thanks,
> Tom Poe
> Reno, NV
> http://www.studioforrecording.org/
> http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/
> http://renotahoe.pm.org/

Just joined the list, so I didn't see anyone's messages until today, so thanks
everyone! :)

I do most if not all of the computer training in my company, and I've had people
scared to use computers, even when that's directly part of their job. I've
learned a few techniques about getting people to open up to computers. Let me
know if I can help, especially since I'm tenatively planning a trip to the
Southwest in the future (as soon as my work will let me go!! :), and am looking
for some opportunities to help out on some Reservations. I'd be more than happy
to swing by and lend a hand.

Alex Heizer
http://www.synchcorp.com/alex
http://www.synchcorp.com/alexheizer