[Rehovot-pm] [Israel.pm] promoting the meetings

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sun Oct 10 00:33:07 PDT 2010

Hi Gabor,

On Saturday 09 October 2010 23:29:36 Gabor Szabo wrote:
> hi,
>
> as you saw I've just announced the next meeting in Rehovot.
> It is quite late but since I came back from vacation I spent most of
> my free time
> playing the game so the organization got delayed. I hope staring from next
> month it will be better :)
>
> In any case I need some help in promoting the meetings.
> I put together a list of places where the meetings can and
> should be announced.
>
> (At the and a list of people who can currently do the item. As far as I
> know.)
>
> - Gabor blogs about it  http://szabgab.com/  (szabgab)
> - Mention on http://rehovot.pm.org    (szabgab)
> - Mention on http://perl.org.il   (szabgab, rindolf)

I should note that "rindolf" is my IRC nickname and Gabor is refering to me.
Since many people are oblivious to my IRC presence I prefer being referred to
as "shlomif" off-IRC.

> - Tweet it (anyone)
> - Send to <rehovot-pm at mail.pm.org> (anyone)
> - Send to <jerusalem at perl.org.il> (anyone)
> - Send to <perl at perl.org.il>  (anyone)
> - Send to <news at perl.org.il>,  (szabgab)
> - Send to linux-il at cs.huji.ac.il (anyone)
> - Send to discussions at hamakor.org.il (anyone)
> - Facebook of HaMakor: http://www.facebook.com/hamakor  (anyone)
> - Facebook of the Israeli Perl Mongers:
> http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=155224051184505  (anyone)
> - LinkedIn - Israeli Perl Mongers (members can announce)
> http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=684  (anyone)
> - The Google Calendar of HaMakor (szabgab) (DONE: Oct, Nov, Dec in
> Rehovot added)
>
> Up till here I've done already for this meeting.
>
> - Post on http://whatsup.org.il  (anyone)
>
> This has not been done yet. I'd appreciate if someone (rindolf ?)
> wrote something ASAP.

Done:
http://www.whatsup.org.il/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6748

> I'd also like to get your help in bringing up ideas where else could
> we announce the meetings?

Well, people can write about such meetings in their blogs. And we can also put
them on various related web forums, and other resources. See also:

http://wiki.osdc.org.il/index.php/OSDClub_-_How_You_Can_Help

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish