[Rehovot-pm] promoting the meetings

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 14:29:36 PDT 2010

hi,

as you saw I've just announced the next meeting in Rehovot.
It is quite late but since I came back from vacation I spent most of
my free time
playing the game so the organization got delayed. I hope staring from next month
it will be better :)

In any case I need some help in promoting the meetings.
I put together a list of places where the meetings can and
should be announced.

(At the and a list of people who can currently do the item. As far as I know.)

- Gabor blogs about it  http://szabgab.com/  (szabgab)
- Mention on http://rehovot.pm.org    (szabgab)
- Mention on http://perl.org.il   (szabgab, rindolf)
- Tweet it (anyone)
- Send to <rehovot-pm at mail.pm.org> (anyone)
- Send to <jerusalem at perl.org.il> (anyone)
- Send to <perl at perl.org.il>  (anyone)
- Send to <news at perl.org.il>,  (szabgab)
- Send to linux-il at cs.huji.ac.il (anyone)
- Send to discussions at hamakor.org.il (anyone)
- Facebook of HaMakor: http://www.facebook.com/hamakor  (anyone)
- Facebook of the Israeli Perl Mongers:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=155224051184505  (anyone)
- LinkedIn - Israeli Perl Mongers (members can announce)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=684  (anyone)
- The Google Calendar of HaMakor (szabgab) (DONE: Oct, Nov, Dec in
Rehovot added)

Up till here I've done already for this meeting.

- Post on http://whatsup.org.il  (anyone)

This has not been done yet. I'd appreciate if someone (rindolf ?)
wrote something ASAP.

I'd also like to get your help in bringing up ideas where else could
we announce the meetings?

regards
   Gabor
ps. As you could see there is a link to the Israeli Perl Mongers group
on Facebook.
I have just created it. Go ahead and join it.

ps2. There is also a link to LinkedIn which is actually useful for
finding jobs, so if you are not
in the group there yet then go ahead, join that too.

--
Gabor Szabo
http://szabgab.com/