[Rehovot-pm] next Rehovot Perl Mongers meeting in 3 days: Programming Lacuna Expense in Perl

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 12:55:16 PDT 2010

Lacuna Expense is a massively multiplayer online strategy game. In
short it is a huge time sink.
http://www.lacunaexpanse.com/
It has been opened about 2 weeks ago. I started to play about 5 days
ago and I love it.
The only problem is that sometime I have to give instructions to my
workers and my fleet
while I am asleep.  The way to solve it is to write scripts that
interact with the publicly available
API.

During the meeting we'll read through the client code written by
Steffen Mueller and will learn
various programming techniques in Perl such as OOP, automatic method
generation and JSON-RPC.

The meeting will take place in the Weizmann Institute at the usual place
in the Levine Building at 18:00 on Tuesday, 12 October.

For more details check out the home page http://rehovot.pm.org/
and my blog entry:
http://szabgab.com/blog/2010/10/rehovot-perl-mongers-lacuna-expanse.html

Oh and by the way the back-end of the game is written in Perl.

regards
   Gabor
   http://szabgab.com/