[Rehovot-pm] Rehovot Perl Mongers - schedule - call for speakers

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 05:01:52 PST 2009

I know I still owe you with the meeting report - it is mostly written
I just need to
upload it to my blog.

In the meantime, in order to make it easier for everyone to plan for the future
meetings Jaime made sure that we have the room for use on the following dates:

2009 Dec 22
2010 Jan 19
2010 Feb 16
2010 Mar 16
2010 April 13

So these are the dates of the next 5 meetings of the Rehovot Perl Mongers.
Standard hours are 18:00-22:00

Now I am looking for volunteers to give talks on these meetings.

Regarding subjects, we already had a few suggestions in this thread:
http://mail.perl.org.il/pipermail/perl/2009-October/010640.html
but now I am looking for speakers for the specific dates along with
title of the talk, length of the talk and a few lines of explaining what
the talk is about.

On the next meeting I'd like to continue with a real introduction to
PDL - I hope we'll have a speaker for that but I am open for other talk
suggestions as well.

You can suggest anything between a 5 minute lightning talk and
60 minute long talk and we can have several talks every time.

An important issue that I have learned from the previous meeting
is that we need to prepare actual exercises or tasks people who
just listened to the talk.

People who might be afraid to give a talk, please try to overcome it :-)
We are usually a friendly bunch of people. In any case you might first
consider to give a 5 minute talk on a specific issue just to get the feeling.

Offers can come either on the list or in private mail.

regards
   Gabor