[Rehovot-pm] [Israel.pm] Rehovot Perl Mongers - schedule - call for speakers

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Wed Dec 9 13:25:29 PST 2009

On Wednesday 25 Nov 2009 15:01:52 Gabor Szabo wrote:
> I know I still owe you with the meeting report - it is mostly written
> I just need to
> upload it to my blog.
>
> In the meantime, in order to make it easier for everyone to plan for the
>  future meetings Jaime made sure that we have the room for use on the
>  following dates:
>
> 2009 Dec 22
> 2010 Jan 19
> 2010 Feb 16
> 2010 Mar 16
> 2010 April 13
>
> So these are the dates of the next 5 meetings of the Rehovot Perl Mongers.
> Standard hours are 18:00-22:00
>
> Now I am looking for volunteers to give talks on these meetings.
>
> Regarding subjects, we already had a few suggestions in this thread:
> http://mail.perl.org.il/pipermail/perl/2009-October/010640.html
> but now I am looking for speakers for the specific dates along with
> title of the talk, length of the talk and a few lines of explaining what
> the talk is about.
>
> On the next meeting I'd like to continue with a real introduction to
> PDL - I hope we'll have a speaker for that but I am open for other talk
> suggestions as well.
>
> You can suggest anything between a 5 minute lightning talk and
> 60 minute long talk and we can have several talks every time.

Here is my suggestion. Like many of you know - I'm not a good speaker, but I
still would like to volunteer in case no one else does. The topic of the
presentation is:

http://www.shlomifish.org/lecture/Perl/Lightning/Opt-Multi-Task-in-PDL/

Note that I'm unhappy with the slides as they are currently stand. I think
what I'll do instead is present the problem (using some new slides), give some
data (which I'll make available online), ask for ideas how to implement the
task using PDL, and then maybe let people implement it individually.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish