[Rehovot-pm] Perl Mail Filter

lsprilus at bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il lsprilus at bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il
Tue Nov 5 01:21:04 CST 2002

Anyone has a simple and effective perl mail filter?

I know about Mail::Audit and Mail::SpamAssassin, but because of
the way our mail system is setup, I can't really use them.

This is what I do today:
I move the /var/mail/userid file to my home directory where I can
run a perl script that based on some parameters sort out the mail,
either saving on individual folders, deleting or storing as 'pending'
each message.

I would like to have a way of better define rules for guiding
this script on what to do, based on words from the Subject,
From, To and even from the mail text.

Thanks in advance,

 Dr Jaime Prilusky                | Jaime.Prilusky at weizmann.ac.il
 Weizmann Institute of Science    | fax: 972-8-9344113
 76100 Rehovot - Israel           | tel: 972-8-9344959

 info URL http://bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il/jaime_prilusky.html
 OCA is at http://bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il:8500