[Raleigh-talk] Perl Newbie question about upgrade from Perl 5.8.8 to 5.10

J C jim.x.casey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 20:36:51 PST 2009

Hi,

I bought the O'Reilly 5th edition Learning Perl the other day and it's
great. I am new to programming and Perl as well. I do know my way
around Linux but I am having problems upgrading from the version that
was on my OS (Cent OS 5.2) to 5.10. I downloaded Perl 5.10 from
http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/R/RG/RGARCIA/perl-5.10.0.tar.gz, then
tar -xvzf perl-5.10.0.tar.gz the package in /usr/local/bin   I then