[Raleigh-talk] Amazon S3 and SimpleDB Modules?

Jason Purdy jason at purdy.info
Tue Feb 3 14:40:01 PST 2009

I don't have *hands-on experience *for SimpleDB (though I'm excited about
the tech. and think it's cool stuff), but from the last YAPC, I'd point you
to Timothy Appnel - he was working on some sort of AWS bundle and he also
has the SimpleDB perl
module<http://search.cpan.org/%7Etima/Amazon-SimpleDB-0.03/>,
too.

Amazon has a free tier for SimpleDB
usage<http://aws.amazon.com/simpledb/#pricing>until May or so. Keep in
mind that SimpleDB is totally different than your
typical relational database system ... it's a big mindset-shift!

As for S3, I have some experience w/ that (uploading stuff to buckets) and
I'm using Net::Amazon::S3<http://search.cpan.org/%7Elbrocard/Net-Amazon-S3-0.49/lib/Net/Amazon/S3.pm>-
works great. :)

Cheers,

Jason