[Raleigh-talk] Parallel::ForkManager and progress

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Fri Dec 19 11:15:07 PST 2008

James Olin Oden wrote:

> You can always just write your stats to a file.  Have to add flock()
> to the equation
> but it isn't that bad

I guess I should have said that this process will be doing hundreds of billions (with a B)
comparisons, so I'd like to keep everything in memory or at least in sockets. Having all of those
file reads/writes in there gives me the willies.

But I guess that means that using the DB is out too since going over the network is even worse than
going to the spinning platter.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP