[Qatar-pm] Computer Security Technical Colloquium - April 12-16

Nigel Gourlay ngourlay at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 02:48:38 PDT 2007

Just received this from David Mundie <dmundie at cert.org>. You can't
turn up on the door unannounced, but I suspect that should you drop
David an email explaining that you're interested in security, he'd
probably be happy to send you an invitation.

More details in this PDF:
  http://readng.com/qcert_invite_april.pdf

--nigel

As a QISF member, you are invited to join us for a very special event.

Q-CERT, the Qatari national program in Information Security, was
recently approved as a member of the international Forum of Incident
Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the premier international
organization and a recognized global leader in computer security
incident management and response. To mark our acceptance into this
esteemed community, ictQATAR and Q-CERT are hosting an international
technical colloquium in Doha, from April 12th – 16th.

On April 12th, we will conduct a special session on "Managing
Organizational Information Security".  The sessions will present the
Qatari national incident reporting and response system, describe how
to establish organizational incident response teams, provide an
overview of training options, and conclude with a session on how an
organization can review and improve its information security posture.

 From Saturday through Monday, the rest of the colloquium will
consist of open sessions on topics ranging from identity theft and
phishing to the latest developments in cyber forensics.

We are proud to be a part of the international FIRST community, and
look forward to hosting this unique event.  We hope that you can join
us.  I am attaching a brochure about the colloquium, and you can
visit the Q-CERT web site at www.qcert.org to register and review the
latest information on the program of events.

Sincerely,

David A. Mundie
Manager for Outreach and Training, Q-CERT