[Purdue-pm] my Weekly Challenge solutions

Mark Senn mark at purdue.edu
Sat Jan 8 19:07:45 PST 2022

Raku was formerly known as Perl 6.
Wolfram Language is the language that the Mathematica interactive
technical computing environment, etc. use.

My Raku and Wolfram Language solutions to
    https://theweeklychallenge.org/blog/perl-weekly-challenge-146/
    Task 1.  Write a script to generate the 10001st prime number.
are at
    https://engineering.purdue.edu/~mark/twc-146-1.pdf
"Perl Golf" is a game where one attempts to write the shortest Perl
program to accomplish some goal.  The Raku NON-golf version is
41 characters; Wolfram Language NON-golf version is 20 characters.

>From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composability
    A highly composable system provides components that can be [... -mark]
    assembled in various combinations to satisfy specific user requirements.
I understand the next major specification of the Raku language will have
improved composability.  Raku's operator and function composability is
excellent now.

My Raku solutions to
    https://theweeklychallenge.org/blog/perl-weekly-challenge-146/
    Task 2.  Curious Fraction Tree
are at
    https://engineering.purdue.edu/~mark/twc-146-2.pdf

Mark Senn, Senior Software Engineer,
Engineering Computer Network, Purdue University