[Purdue-pm] Perl Mongers Tonight

Dave Jacoby jacoby.david at gmail.com
Wed May 11 08:31:03 PDT 2016

We're set for 6pm at MatchBox. I'll be talking about DBIx::Class, Perl's
ORM, and how I'm beginning to use it.

I *think* we'll be me, maybe Derrick and maybe Ken. I know Mark, Broc, Joe
and Michael have said no. If I don't get more people showing up, I might
hold this talk for later and move directly to GLOSSY Food & Chat.

Next meeting will be June 16, which is the week before YAPC::NA. I've hit a
personal need. I take a webcam pic at my workstation once an hour and tweet
it. I have methods to check if the workstation is locked and have crontab
set to M-F 9am-5pm, but I think the better answer would be to use OpenCV to
recognize faces and not tweet unless it sees one. So, Ken, could you talk
on OpenCV and Perl?

July seems ripe for a post-YAPC::NA wrapup. I know GLOSSY's Ed Finkler will
be presenting an OSMI talk there, and have asked him if he'd like to talk
about his impressions. I don't know that any other Purdue mongers are
planning to go, but generally many YAPC talks are available on YouTube
during or soon after the event, so we'll be able to talk about interesting
presentations even if we don't go.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any volunteers for upcoming talks?

David Jacoby     jacoby.david at gmail.com