[Purdue-pm] Purdue Perl Mongers meeting

Mark Daniel Ward mdw at purdue.edu
Tue Oct 21 04:30:41 PDT 2014

Dear Mark,

I have a meeting today at 11:30 AM and cannot attend (I am sorry!), but
I would love to see these Cherry MX keyswitches sometime.  I am
particularly fascinated by keyboards.

I love the Matias Tactile Pro series of keyboards (which use Alps
Mechanical Switchs), but lately I am really impressed with the Das
Keyboard, which comes in Cherry MX blue, brown or red models.  I have
the brown model (rather than the blue; I could never use the red model,
because I need the tactile feel when I am typing).  The brown is a
little quieter than blue, and I was worried that I was upsetting all of
my colleagues with my loud, constant typing.  I program and type a huge
amount, and I always leave my office door open.  So right now I have
swapped by Matias Tactile Pro (which is only available in the one
model--those Alps switches are very loud!) for a Das Keyboard with the
Cherry MX brown switches.

Your insight about keyboards is welcome!  I'm always interested in such
discussions!

Mark