[Purdue-pm] Meeting in one Week

Dave Jacoby jacoby at purdue.edu
Tue Mar 12 08:29:48 PDT 2013

In almost exactly one week, we'll be getting together for the next
scheduled meeting of the Purdue Perl Mongers.

Do we have ideas for topics?

The one thing I have is a curiosity on unit testing. Writing tests is a
subject like "eat right", "exercise", "back up your data" and "use
revision control", in that I'm convinced by society that these are the
right things to do, but in practice, I find myself at a loss on how to
go how I currently do them to the glorious new world where I do things
right.

My issue isn't how to use the *.t syntax and testing modules. My issue
is knowing what to test for in the first place. Once I know what to test
and how to test, the syntax can and will be learned.

I could pull out a module or two and we could determine what should be
tested.

Or, we could do something else.

--
Dave Jacoby