[Purdue-pm] Meeting Next Week! And other news

Dave Jacoby jacoby at purdue.edu
Tue May 8 07:38:44 PDT 2012

That's right! We are one week from the next Perl Mongers meeting. We
mentioned in the last meeting the idea of covering MVC web development
with Dancer, which Rick and I have been *sorta* doing recently. Are
there other interesting topics that people in this group can talk on?

In other geekery news:

* the Lafayette Makerspace Movement has passed the leadership baton to
Doug Couch, who will have a callout meeting in Greyhouse Coffee at 6pm
Thursday.

* Lafayettech has been sponsoring a monthly Hack Day, and the planned
Hack Day for June is on the topic of Arduino hacking.

* BoilerWeb, a campus group uniting web developers and designers from
across Purdue, is meeting this Thursday, May 10, in the PerlMonger time
(11:30am-1pm) in the PerlMonger place (WSLR116). The intended topic is
Responsive Design, which I still find elusive and exciting a year after
hearing about it.

--
Dave Jacoby
     Code Maker, Purdue Genomics Core Lab