[Purdue-pm] XML + Perl

Dave Jacoby jacoby at purdue.edu
Thu Feb 2 08:29:24 PST 2012

On 2/2/2012 11:15 AM, Bradley Andersen wrote:
> But every one of them simply dies on first
> invalid element, per the XML standard.

There's a hole in the XML protocol where all the time goes
Jon Postel died for nothing, I suppose.

My first step would be to figure out the nature of these errors, to see
if there's error classes that can be found and mass-fixed.

What generated this huge mass of XML? I would hope that an XML generator
would not spit out something that an XML parser could not accept.

--
Dave Jacoby                         Address: WSLR S049
Code Maker                          Mail:    jacoby at purdue.edu
Purdue University                   Phone:   765.49.67368
    795 days until the end of XP support