[Purdue-pm] [PU-sysadmin] Group-wide Web To-Do list?

Dave Jacoby jacoby at purdue.edu
Fri Aug 19 07:38:26 PDT 2011

On 8/19/2011 10:24 AM, Andrus, Christopher J wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> 	Have you looked into using Sharepoint to do this?  I know it may not be exactly what you want, but I currently use the "task list" in sharepoint to assign and track tasks for our students.  Sharepoint would definitely have more fluff or options then you need, but it's something that is already setup.  Just a thought...

I have not. I guess I hadn't even learned what Sharepoint is until
responding to this email. None of our servers run Windows, so gearing up
and prepping up to get Sharepoint running seems like more work than I
can justify.

We're a Perl shop, but certainly we could get a solution based on Apache
and some other language (Python, PHP, Ruby, ?) working somewhere around
here, but if there was a Remember The Milk for groups, that's about
where I'd want to go.

--
Dave Jacoby                         Address: WSLR S049
Code Maker                          Mail:    jacoby at purdue.edu
Purdue University                   Phone:   765.49.67368
    962 days until the end of XP support