[Purdue-pm] new Rakudo Star Perl 6

Mark Senn mark at purdue.edu
Thu Apr 28 06:55:36 PDT 2011

Purdue Perl Mongers,

I've been using the Rakudo implementation of Perl 6.  It is (get ready
for it, because I hardly ever use this word) awesome.  A much better
language than Perl 5 in my opinion.  Even if you don't use Perl you
may want to keep tabs on Perl 6---my guess is other languages will
borrow features from it.

If there is time after the other talks at the next Perl Mogers meeting on
May 17 (see http://pm.purdue.org/Wiki/wiki.pl for details) I'll be givig
a talk on "A Perl 6 Grammar for Home Automation" that uses the new Perl
6 grammar feature to simplify input parsing.  I'll also show how to
use other new features of Perl 6.

-mark

Here is the announcement for the new Rakudo Star implementation of Perl 6.
I haven't tried using this new version yet.