[Purdue-pm] Perl Mongers tech meeting tonight, Oct. 9th

Dave Jacoby jacoby at purdue.edu
Tue Oct 9 10:03:35 PDT 2007

Budzik, Michael J. wrote:
> A while back, if I'm not crazy (no guarantee), there was a brief
> discussion of recording or otherwise making presentations or
> presentation materials available online.  Because of other
> responsibilities, I've not been able to attend despite being interested.
> If I'm the only one who would view the materials online, then it isn't
> worth the effort required to make them available.  But if they were made
> available, I would view them.

1. I try to put my slides online when I talk. I do not always do so.

2. I will try to shame the others into doing so, too.

3. I have considered the process that would be required to record talks
with tools such as Audacity. Right now, I would need
   a. time to play around with Audacity
   b. a lavaliere microphone
   c. a laptop that can record into Audacity without making it sound
      like I've run it through a ring modulator.
I hope to have something eventually.

4. Is there another time that would make it easier for you to show up?

David Jacoby    jacoby at purdue.edu
  Purdue Genomics Facility
  S049, WSLR building
  Phone: hah!