[Purdue-pm] Discussion: Social Meeting flags

David Jacoby jacoby at csociety.ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Feb 28 09:16:53 PST 2007

It seems we didn't have a social meeting because the two
that were able to show up didn't recognize each other as
mongers.

Remember, the FBI recognized the woman with Dillinger
when they gunned him down at the Biograph Theater in Chicago
because she wore red. OK, a bit bloody for comparison, but
better than other marking analogies that come to mind.

For our first meeting, I brought my copy of Perl Best
Practices because the distinctive blue spine and O'Reilly
styling clearly marked me as a Perl geek. In later ones,
I've worn Perl shirts or other shirts that marked me as a
geek and potential monger.

Just a helpful thought.

Dave Jacoby -- jacoby at csociety.org
   "After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless."
       The Tao of Programming

        616 days and counting.....