[Princeton-pm] FOSSCON July 23rd in Philadelphia

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 04:01:23 PDT 2011

Hi

this year FOSSCON will take place on July 23rd in Philadelphia.
http://fosscon.org/

The Call for paper is out and there is also an possibility
to setup a booth for exhibitors. The dead-line for both of
these is June 24th.

I am sure you have read a lot about my quest to get
Perl Mongers participate on as many tech-events as possible.
Giving talks and setting up a booth to talk about Perl.
This was very successful a FOSDEM in Brussels with a lot
of positive feedbacks.

This can be a good opportunity to reach out to more developers
who either have no or have misinformation about Perl.

As I can see Princeton.pm has not been active for a while
you might use this event to gather momentum and start
meeting again.

So go ahead submit a talk proposal and think about setting up
a booth.

I added a page about FOSSCON to the TPF wiki:
https://www.socialtext.net/perl5/events_2011_fosscon

regards
  Gabor
ps, If you don't have an account there I can send you an invitation

--
Gabor Szabo                     http://szabgab.com/
Perl Ecosystem Group       http://perl-ecosystem.org/