[Princeton-pm] Local SysAdmin Conference with Perl Content

Jon Meek meekj at wyeth.com
Wed Mar 17 19:17:09 PDT 2010

I'm sorry that I missed the meeting in December, I was in Switzerland.

Maybe some of you, or your SysAdmin friends, will be interested in a
Conference that LOPSA-NJ is organizing. It will be held on May 7 & 8
at the New Brunswick Hyatt.

The Conference Web Site is:

  http://lopsanj.org/events/picc10/

The Perl content includes David Blank-Edelman, author of the O'Reilly
book "Automating System Administration with Perl" with a tutorial on
the same subject. David will also give a keynote titled: "Through the
Lens Geekly: How SysAdmins Are Portrayed in Pop Culture". David has
given some great talks at USENIX Conferences (like Why System
Administrators are Like Veterinarians, and How System Administration is
Like Professional Cooking (complete with demos and consulting with
America's Test Kitchen)), so this one should be good too.

Note that the Early Bird Discount ends on Monday. Also, each attendee
is going to get a free license for Admin Arsenal (supposedly worth
$1000). It's supposed to be good for Windows administration.

I am only a minor committee, but feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Meek, PhD
Border Network Security