[Princeton-pm] August review, September preview

Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan japhy at perlmonk.org
Mon Aug 29 10:44:34 PDT 2005

Our membership appears to be 8 now; welcome, Amar, James, and Jim.

Our August meeting went fine -- we consumed a few pints among the four of
us (myself, Ben, Thomas, and my co-worker Randy).  I've invited XML::Twig
author Michel Rodriguez to our September meeting, which I believe we
should schedule for September 13th (it's a Tuesday).

For the time being, I will still be updating the web site by hand, but as
our membership grows in size, web space will be an issue -- somewhere that
can support dynamic content is preferable.  I've made a couple additions
to the site right now; a very brief post mortem of August's meeting is up,
and a very brief pre natem (?) of September's meeting is up.

One conclusion reached at August's meeting was that, while a place like
the Triumph Microbrewery is a good social atmosphere for a meeting, it's
probably best reserved for a post-meeting wrap up, rather than the actual
meeting itself.  If we want to be able to hear each other speak, for
example, or want to go over code, or have a presentation (etc.), then we
need a quieter and more private environment, such as a library meeting
room (see the web site or the list archives for details).

I'd also like to have very simple personal information for each of the
members on the web site -- but it's entirely at your discretion.  I'm
going to put my location and company on the site.  If you'd like something
similar after your name, please email me (not the list) and I'll place it
there.

I look forward to meeting all of you, either at the September meeting, or
possibly even sooner.  Please feel free to use this list to attempt to
initiate an informal meeting -- if you're looking for people to go to
happy hour at a local TGI Friday's or other bar, let us know ahead of
time.

Happy Perling.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan         %  How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734     %  the cheated, we who for every service