APM: (Fwd) Czech localization of Apache::MP3

Jenda Krynicky Jenda at Krynicky.cz
Tue Jun 25 08:43:17 CDT 2002

Nema na to nekdo cas a chut?

Jenda

Date sent:      	Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:10:03 -0600
To:             	Jenda at Krynicky.cz
From:           	"Sean M. Burke" <sburke at cpan.org>
Subject:        	Czech localization of Apache::MP3

I'm writing to you because you're listed at
http://www.pm.org/groups.shtml as a contact address for a Perl
Mongers
group in the Czech Republic.  I'm curious whether you (and/or someone
you know) might be interested in contributing a Czech localization to
the Open Source project that I describe below.  I'd be delighted to
have a Czech contribution!

Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 13:57:35 -0600
To: perl-i18n at perl.org
From: "Sean M. Burke" <sburke at cpan.org>
Subject: Apache::MP3 localization
Bcc: sburke at spinn.net

So I decided a good thing to do would be to internationalize
Apache::MP3 using Locale::Maketext.

With the help of some patient native-speakers of French, I made a
sample localization into French.  Here's the lexicon file:
http://members.spinn.net/~sburke/a3shots/fr.pm

Now, what would really make it wonderful is if people would submit
translations for their own languages; then we'll have a demonstration
application of localization in Perl.  And besides, everyone likes
mp3s!

The way you can provide me with a translation is by downloading the
above "fr.pm" file, replacing all the French bits with bits in your
own language, and emailing it to me.  If the data isn't in Latin-1,
tell me what its encoding name is.

So you can see where the phrases end up, these are screenshots of two
screens produced from the above French lexicon:
http://members.spinn.net/~sburke/a3shots/a3_dir.html
http://members.spinn.net/~sburke/a3shots/a3_help.html

Feel free to email me any questions about the meaning of things.
If you can read French, one thing you might notice is that I've
translated "stream" as the word meaning simply "play".  That might be
a good idea for your language too.

Once I get a few translations, I'll maybe add more comments to the
fr.pm file and then ask various Perl Mongers groups to provide
translations of what still needs translating.

--
Sean M. Burke    http://www.spinn.net/~sburke/

=========== Jenda at Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
					--- me