FW: BBQ social

Dave Wagner dave at davew.com
Thu Aug 31 09:01:20 CDT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Quinlan [mailto:seanq at darwin.bu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 9:56 AM
To: boston-pm at happyfunball.pm.org
Cc: dave at davew.com; pate at gnu.org; skitt at naisp.net
Subject: BBQ social

Hidiho,
	OK, armed with strong emotional reminders, I happened to run into Kathy
(the owner of Rising Star) on my way home last night. We went over the
schedule,
and it turns out Sun. Oct. 1st would be best. Sat. Sept. 30th would also be
ok.
Input on which it should be would be appreciated, but I'd like to have
decided
on the date by this weekend.
	Yes, this will be a potluck affair. I work in academics, I'm glad to be
able to provide a lawn! ;-} There is lot's of on property parking, plenty of
room to play in, outdoor sources of electricity, trees, a pond out back,
etc.
etc.. Access to a cable modem could be provided, but the hub is on the far
side
of the house, so I'd need a _lot_ of cat5.
	The house will be providing a grill, charcoal for said grill, paper
plates, some plastic utensils, and a couple cases of beer. If anyone taking
public transportation for some leg of the trip doesn't want to hassle with
transporting food items(done it, sucks), please email me off the list. I
will be
happy to pick up food items on your behalf for reimbursement.
	Now, on the subject of goodies, extra's that is, (man I hated missing a
raffle Sat. :}). Does anyone have any suggestions on where/who to contact
for
some stuff? Sponsorship? And will there be anyone in town we could wrestle
into
entertaining us?
	Oh, since my place is probably closer to Worchester than Boston, and
Plymouth isn't much further than, this could be a broad ranged social. I've
CC'd
there contact people - please forward this to your lists. Oh, and hey,
here's a
listing for NorthAttleboro.pm?!? Anyone, anyone?
	That is all.

Sean Quinlan
mailto:seanq at darwin.bu.edu
http://bmerc-www.bu.edu/

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin
Franklin