FYI

Dave Wagner dave at davew.com
Thu Aug 17 08:22:45 CDT 2000

Hello everyone,

I'd like to say hello to everyone and introduce myself to everyone who
joined our newly created list yesterday.

My name is Dave and I started the Plymouth PM some time ago but just like
everyone else taking on new projects, I haven't found much time to make it
happen. Thanks to Chris we have a quick jump start and a half-dozen people
on the list.

About me - I'm a fairly new Perl programmer, about a year of straight use, 3
years overall. But like everyting else I do that is computer related I have
caught on quick. I have read Perl Programming, Learning Perl 2nd Edition,
Perl the complete reference and I am currently reading Learning Perl 3rd
Edition. I own an audio video installation/retail company. The tie in is
that I have been making business sites and their programming for years and I
now have stopped that and I am now programming only for our company,
developing a Perl based home automation system that is self contained and
serves as a home proxy, security, lighting and home networking file system.
My current systems are, 2 Win2000 boxes, NT Server box and a Linux box. I
mainly use one of the Win2000 boxes, use the NT for files and the Linux for
development. If there is anything else you need to know about me, just ask.
Oh yea, I'm 39 bald and I ride a bike.... if that matters :)

I own a store in Norwell, on RT 53. We can use it for meetings. I have a 42
plasma TV there with a Win2000 box attached with cable modem access as well
as hooked up to a $4000 surround package. (You thought you had a nice
monitor). The store is new and our grand openning is within a month, but it
is ready for our use now. We can have meetings any evening, just send your
preference to me at dave at davew.com, include any night you absolutely CANNOT
make it.

The official group web site should be up by the end of the week. I'll post
all group info there, meetings, locations, library books we have available,
members, etc. The address is http://plymouth.pm.org

In closing, welcome, and let's get some meetings going! In the meantime
please invite any local Perl Mongers to our list....

Dave Wagner
DaveW.com - web design tutorials, books, training and tips.
http://www.davew.com

        Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
        the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.