Perl && C/C++

J Proctor jproctor at marlboro.edu
Thu Mar 28 11:51:38 CST 2002

> Can anyone shed any light on calling C/C++ functions from Perl?
> I'm sure it can be done, but I'd like to know how straightforward
> it is, and how you pass data types from C/C++ to perl that are
> "perl friendly".

Disclaimer:  Never played with this much myself (although I have a project
in mind when I do...), so I'm definitely not an authority on this.

In addition to all the good stuff Rich just pointed out (especially perlxs
and perlxstut), also look at the "Inline" family of modules, which let
you include the C (or C++ or whatever else) in your perl source file.