So what's up with this group anyway?

owner-pioneer-valley-pm-list at pm.org owner-pioneer-valley-pm-list at pm.org
Wed Feb 6 11:25:33 CST 2002

Hi everybody! There seems to have been a flurry of subscription
activity for this list recently. I thought I'd send you all a
message to let you know where things stand.

The Pioneer Valley PerlMongers Group is in its nascent stages.
Granted, I did the administrative stuff to set the group up a
couple of years ago, but we haven't yet quite gotten off the
ground and had an actual meeting. I know that you are all probably
as busy as I am, but if one or some of you would like to don
your organizer's hats, that would be wonderful.

We need a place to meet; I would imagine that one of the local
educational establishments might be able to provide space. We
also need to set up a meeting time. At the first meeting we
could define how frequently, when and where we could meet on a
regular basis. Or we could just go somewhere, drink some beer
and the shoot the proverbial you-know-what. This IS a Perl group,
after all.

So post to the list with your ideas/suggestions and we'll take
it from there.

Your humble servant,

Virginia Wiswell