[Pikes-peak-pm] Colorado Springs Open Source Software Meetup Group

John Evans jtevans at kilnar.com
Wed Apr 7 06:43:02 PDT 2010

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 23:40:56 -0600, Tim Chambers <timc+perl at divide.net>
wrote:
> Hi fellow Perl mongers,
>
> Since the Perl Mongers haven't gotten together for many months, Th
>
> There are eight people interested in a Perl meetup
> http://perl.meetup.com/cities/us/co/monument/ and four interested in
> LAMP <http://lampsoftware.meetup.com/cities/us/co/monument/>. I'm
> writing to all of them to make them aware of our community, and I'm also

> encouraging them to converge on the open source meetup.
>
> I looked into creating a Perl Meetup, but meetup.com charges a fee. I
> think for face to face meetings we should avoid fragmentation.
>
> How does that sound?

I wouldn't mind merging with and/or joining other groups to get together
to talk code and technology. I don't care what they call themselves. :)

As far as organizing it, though... I have to leave that to someone else. I
might have time to attend meetings, but I don't have time to organize them.
I'm already running in too many different directions as it is.

If someone else wants to step up and get folks together, please let the
mailing list know when/where and I'll do my best to make it!

--
John Evans
http://jtevans.kilnar.com/  Blog: http://www.beosig.net/

There is no role-playing in an online game that
can match what happens in person. -- Gary Gygax